Cosmetic injectables are increasingly popular ways to turn back the hands of time on your face. Botox is a household name for smoothing out lines and wrinkles in the upper third of the face, but doesn’t correct all lines and wrinkles. That’s where dermal fillers come into play. One of the most popular fillers is called Radiesse.
Read on to learn what makes it a great option to help you achieve a more youthful appearance.
- Radiesse is an FDA-approved injectable filler for reducing moderate-to-severe wrinkles, folds and creases around the nose and mouth. Is specifically improves the appearance of nasolabial folds, which run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth, marionette lines, which run downward from the corners of the mouth, downturned corners of the mouth, jowl pre-sagging and chin wrinkles.
- Radiesses is composed of microspheres in a water-based gel that are made of calcium hydroxylapatite. This substance stimulates the production of collagen and, when injected into lines and wrinkles, smoothes out the lines and wrinkles and adds volume to the skin to give you a more youthful appearance.
- If you are between the ages of 35 and 60 and have developed folds and wrinkles around your mouth and nose, you may be an ideal candidate for Radiesse treatments. If you have experienced fat loss in your face due to HIV infection, Radiesse may work for you as well.
- One of the reasons why cosmetic injectables like Radiesse are so popular is the fact that you can get treatment in about 15-30 minutes, with no required downtime. Most patients return to their normal activities right after treatment.
- The results from Radiesse treatment are immediate and can last up to 1-2 years. As it works, it also stimulates the collagen production beneath the skin. Since results are temporary, you will want to return for touch-up treatments to prolong the effects of the filler.
If you’d like to learn whether Radiesse or other cosmetic injectables are right for you, call 808.955.3937 for an appointment with Dr. Maehara.