If you are considering LASIK surgery for vision correction, choosing your surgeon is one of the most important decisions you will make as he or she will be operating on your eyes. You want to select someone who has a lot of experience with the procedure and meets industry standards for selecting and screening out patients, as not everyone is a good candidate for surgery. Also, you will want to choose a surgeon who invests in new technologies as it is always evolving and improving. And be sure to keep the staff in mind as a comfortable, safe environment is paramount to achieving the best outcome.
Here are six reasons why you should choose Dr. Jeffrey Maehara to perform your LASIK procedure:
- Raised in Honolulu, Dr. Maehara returned home to practice with his father Dr. Dennis Maehara after studying under three of the world’s top LASIK and refractive surgeons at Tulane University in New Orleans.
- It’s important that your surgeon must be board certified to practice his or her specialty. Dr. Maehara is board certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and is a fellowship-trained Anterior Segment-Glaucoma Specialist, which means he has extensive experience with complex and advanced glaucoma management, LASIK, cataract and corneal transplants, and other refractive procedures.
- Maehara stays abreast of the latest technological advances in a constantly evolving field. He specializes in Bladeless LASIK eye surgery performed with the Allegretto Wave and IntraLase FS lasers.
- Safety is his team’s #1 priority, followed by providing the absolute best value for your money. Maehara Eye Surgery & Laser offers competitive prices and physician-only care, which means you will get a personal consultation with Dr. Maehara to discuss your options, complete your pre-operative evaluation, perform your surgery and carry through all post-operative care.
- Working together with friendly professional staff, Dr. Maehara continues to lead the way with new eye-care technology to ensure patients achieve the best possible vision.
- Maehara Eye Surgery & Laser is located in Honolulu with a satellite office in Waipahu, offering an array of services in a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.
If you are considering LASIK vision correction, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeffrey Maehara at Maehara Eye Surgery & Laser today by calling 808.955.3937.